Monday, August 31, 2026

Summer. Grace. Cobbler

 




I just had to post today.

It being the very last day in August.

My summer season ends here... it just does.

I was brought up on the changing of the seasons being dictated

by classroom bulletin boards.

So September, October & November were Fall.


In hindsight, it has been the most healing time of my life.

It has found me more at peace and more introspective in

a quiet way.

I have settled into new patterns while emerging myself in my day.


I will still wake to see the sunrise and catch it in my eyes.

I will lay out at much as I can to get those last rays of full spectrum light.

I will go barefoot in the grass....

I will drink from the pump.

I will eat every apple that my dear tree gives me.

My chickens will free range as much as possible and I will harvest

until I can not.

Signs this week of Fall....

Chipmunks and meadow rats digging new holes closer to the coops.

The migration of so many new birds through the property.

The geese doing their practice runs....

Hickory & black walnuts everywhere!

The KingFischer hanging out at the back pond.

Travel sightings of bear, big cats, coyote and turkeys...

The first splashes of color in my beautiful maple trees.

Light will dwindle fast now...



Time to get the curtains washed and the warmer ones ready for hanging.

Bring out the bees wax candles that I burn all of the time.

The teas, the warm spices. warm socks & fluffy blankets....


My mid day walk will start up again.



This weekend we had help.

Thank goodness!

The grow out coop had a new visitor...Mr. Chipmunk and 

this guy was the best at fixing up the hole.

He also picked a ton of tomatoes for me.




Pay was a visit to the local fair!

Where we watched the truck pulls, monster truck, ate our way through the lanes 

and he wanted to use his pay to purchase a trinket for his parents.

( what a good boy)


And so we say goodbye to the Folklore era and enter the Evermore....



Total throw back this week to one of our Maine adventures ( aka: lets look at property

in Maine) where I found this small beach at the end, end , end of one of the long roads

down to the ocean.... it had a small house on it filled like a time capsule from the

20's.....

I wanted to live there right then.

I parked myself at the beach and enjoyed those warm rocks in the cool air.

It was the last weekend before I was committed to working like 8 in a row.

But in my head I was there with my family, my animals and my

future.

Who cared that it was like 45 minutes to the nearest store?

I was so happy away from the chaos and the noise and the stress.

***

My advice to you today as well enjoy this full last day of August:


Do not assume that the internet is your real life at all.


That *me * above was when I rarely posted .

It was when I was still living in the moment.

I did not have everyones opinions of everything in my pocket.

I just lived...and that was during kind of a hard time too.

We explored and dreamed of a life we were not sure would happen.

And yet we were in a place of Grace.

This summer I embraced that way of living and it rewarded me with

a new perspective.

Give Grace to yourself, and if you have no idea what that is, well

learn. It is the most gentle push towards a settled life you can give yourself.

( I will gladly recommend anything you wish if you contact me)

I am no longer trying to change minds or hearts.

I am letting the dust settle and for those who it settles on heavier I am letting

them learn how to clean it up themselves.

God will put into my path who I need, who needs me, who will send me

into the direction of which I need to look.

Yes, I am a light bringer.

Yes, I pray for folks every day.

But I refuse to give any attention to a part of society

who refuses to look at themselves.

It has been frustrating watching the ignorance and yes, stupidity of 

people fighting loved ones only , in the end to harm themselves.

Why? Because they are stubborn or so bent upon being right or they are evil.

3 options, I can think of no more....

My light is not theirs to squander.

Believe whatever you wish.

You can't but start to see that perhaps some things that you were

on board about, pushing onto others, belittling and hurting loved ones about have

panned out to be wrong.

In the long run the truth will come out.

The light will shine.


Grace .




**************

Autumn is cobbler season.

I am, as always a simple baker.

This is as simple as it gets.

I add GF flour.

I also add vanilla frozen skyr on top.





As the golden light begins, I wish to ask of all my friends....

Stop for a moment and take a breath.

Fall back in your mind 10-12 years....

Remember who was important in your life then.

Who loved you.

Before the narrative polluted you.

You have changed the country by believing so many things that simply were

not true. Not because you were ignorant but because you wanted to do good.

That is commendable .

It was used against you and me.

Spreading hate in order to stop people from disagreeing with you

is childish and selfish and the opposite of healing.


Let the golden light of this season & Grace find your heart.


Have a wonderful week friends.

XOXO

Raven

🐦‍⬛

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshed. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio