Friday, August 28, 2026

Oh let's talk about our nervous systems shall we?

 



Woah! 2 posts in two days?


Now I know you have noticed a slow down over August.

But it was for so many good reasons....

First, I needed a slow down of my social media feed consumption.

Second, I was focusing on family moments

Third, I was doing some major clearing out of the house

Forth, I was doing some resetting of old bio-mechanical things

that needed me to focus on daily activities and how I 

moved through them

{ this was a frustrating time. My body had developed compensatory 

ways to do life over the years after 6 major surgeries on my middle section

we decided to work on all the spots of tightness, pull, adhesions and that

led to why the tightness was there to begin with and that led to

why my body guarded and then how I felt when it was aligned

through passive stretch and other modalities and now we 

are at the point where decades dormant nerves are awakening,

the body is being retrained to move without that structure of guarding

and I am having really good days and some days where

I feel like I am going backwards.

But I have a plan... and I am so much healthier than I was.}

Bottom line...if you were a long term runner, walker, swimmer, biker

never stop.💪


Five, I was so relaxed just being in the moment in my gardens, hanging with

the chickens and dogs....sitting in that sunshine- storing it all for the winter.

Six, and this one is the most important!

I was just living my life, naturally with the light of the day

with the fresh air and fresh food with people I love.

Nothing forced.

My nervous system for the first time in like forever finally

felt settled and that is the golden ticket for me.

Once you are settled that nerve tension that causes all sorts of ailments

and illnesses just melts away. You return to you. And if you have been

this way your whole life, you return to a version of you that would

have happened had you not been so guarded and over stimulated.

You know...type A, do everything, full on, full plate then when you get the chance

you are a sloth who hides in your home with soft blankets and chocolate.

Now I may always have that sloth like part of myself but now it is'

intentional. I am not so over stimulated that I am forced to make myself rest

which was ridiculous.



I grew up thinking that this was normal.

These perfect little homes so perfectly manicured and tidy.

My parents and grandparents homes were very much like this.

Holidays ...well, the neighbourhoods looked like Hallmark movies.

Trick or treating was magical.

Somehow my mom just pulled it together.

( to be honest daddy worked solely only until we were older then

mommy went back to work as the $ lunch lady and then running banks like

she did before we were born)

I saw her do everything so well.

I expected myself to be the same way.

Then life happened.

They both passed when I was a young mom and

we had just started a business and I just assumed she would be there

forever to guide me.

Life got wild and we did whatever we could to make it all work.

We had love but even that can get tested.

24/7/365

We worked hard and played hard.

Meanwhile I was so stressed out that I became numb to it.

Running helped.

Then I stopped .

And here we are.

It is okay to heal and no amount of time is too long to start.

I wrecked out my body the way I worked, the way I pushed beyond pain,'

the way I was used to ignoring things.

This summer was the start of beginning ( after 2 years of research )

to re-build my body and in some ways my life.

The by product being a regulated nervous system.

I learned that healing did not mean lifting heavy weights

and doing countless hours of cardio, grinding it out past pain.

It actually meant stopping while at my desk, lowering my shoulders,

deep breathing, looking beyond a screen, drinking nourishment,

eating what I need to heal.

It meant more prayer time and moments with people I love.

A strong regulated nervous system in conjunction with 

a great team of people supporting and guiding me is what I needed

to return to even better health than I was hoping for.

A strong nervous system is everything.

Here is some guidance I found that can help you as well.






I was once a hugely regimented cleaner:

Monday: laundry, kitchen, vaccume 

Tuesday: clean baths,  fetch groceries

Etc....

Now I have a weekly list that I use to guide me.

As long as I do the things on the list it does not matter

when or how many things I do....

And my life is so fluid and lovely.

Of course appointments or work schedules are firm

but everything else is not and that is a dream.

The simplicity of that realisation has been everything.




My system works much better when it is not being blasted by boundary stealers;

you know, things that make us feel icky inside yet we still allow them because...

( I have no reason why)

The overshares, the bittersons, the antagonisers , the people

who poke at you for their enjoyment, the rudes....you know.

The people who are obviously dis regulated themselves.

I have no time for that anymore.

That is what I started feeling being on the internet all the time.

I first thought, just weed them out, that did not work, then I figured I would

just spend less time which helped, but I was still feeling UGH some days

I logged on. And now, I prioritise real life.

THEN I jump on for a few, check in with loved ones and my favorite accounts

email people, check an order then jump off.

I may do my research for an hour block then jump off.

THIS BOX was not here when I was younger.

And yet I still found myself to be an interesting , caring, well read person.

When I work, my main goal to to make people feel seen.

Make then know how very special they are, even for a moment .

Well, I finally figured out how to do the same for myself.

********

I know this was a very long post but if it helps even one of you I will be happy.

The past few years have dis regulated us all.

We allow so many things to happen around us without speaking up because

we were told not to.

Only X Y or Z can get attention, everyone else, good luck!

I am not one to follow the crowd or what people tell me to do

in general unless they are telling me a bus in gonna hit me then I may just listen.

But being a stubborn, wilful girl has made me always use my honed discernment

first. If something smells wrong..... it more than likely is.

I question everything.

I don't do absolutes.

I can feel when the light is being put out in others and that motivates me

to help.

Being a stubborn bull gave me a foundation & strength,

having faith in something other than myself gave me wings to look for better.

I am no longer stuck in an outdated version of myself.




Have a lovely Friday friends.

This last Friday in August.

I wish for a calm nervous system for you all!

XOXO

Raven

🐦‍⬛


No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshed. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio