![]() |
| SO MANY CHERRY TOMATOES! |
Good Morning!
So I cannot change the blog title on my FB page for another few weeks...
It will then return to being Theherbshedatstonehollow again.
Until then, ignore the graphics ....
Thanx.
Dolly.
Well she was a wonderfully bright soul.
She brought kindness and grace to the world that
sorely needed it.
I loved her & will miss her essence....
It was so heart tugging to see so many people say such
lovely things about her.
I hoped that her passing would ignite some Grace in all of us...
you know, bring out all of the good we all possess .
Nope.
My morning scroll was littered with negativity and malice.
* sigh *
One can hope.
Would it be weird to name 2 chickens after Dolly?
I mean I already had the sweetest girl names Dolly for 10 years....
I need to put names to the new flock.....
Just a thought.💭
I am still fighting the fight.
Still trying to keep this tiny corner of the world from the eyes of the
gluttonous billionaires.
I wish people would just leave us alone.
But I have wished that in my own life for decades.
Some of us just want the peace that comes from
overreaching systems and nosey Nellies.
Next meeting is in a few weeks so I have been doing some
daily work on that.
I have been cleaning out...and I MEAN out and I found this amongst my moms'
sewing kit. Probably from the '70's.
How timely.
Mommy was a Democrat back in the day.
A Catholic woman very involved in the communities she
lived and worked in as she also ran banks in our town and
surrounding towns.
She would campaign for the Democrats while my father,
a staunch Republican would debate her at the kitchen table.
back then you could do that without someone losing their mind.
I am grateful that I had that upbringing where I could fashion my own beliefs.
I have been an independent since I was 18.
( actually all of my life... ;))
There is no true right & left.
The line between parties has moved so far away from
the center...out into the stratosphere.
Mom would be so sad.
Most folks I know are what I call *in the middle, once a Kennedy D now a
watered down Republican...kind of*
But what they really are is just common sense folks who want a moral and just
world to raise their families.
They want the framework of our Constitution to be upheld
and our rights not to be tampered with.
That is why so many people flocked here....
but even that became political when the front door was left open
and people who do not respect our values or our country were
let in.....
( oddly unvetted during a pandemic when we were all struggling
and subjected to harsh mandates by our KING governors)
I wonder why they did that?
As far as I can surmise, both sides are corrupted.
I just do what I have to to support individuals
who can return us to safety, security, the ability for our kids to afford
homes and raise their families without government interference.
Morals would be nice...but it is politics.
People are influenced by how they were raised, by what they watch
and by what they are told.
The amount of wrong information I scroll by every day is unbelievable.
I always do my own research .
( And, no, that is not a bad thing. It is a sign of a leader not a follower)
I still believe in the best in everyone.
I believe that people are better than we have been manipulated to treat
one another.
We talk of free will then vote for people to handcuff parents and
citizens with
mandates, rules, laws, restrictions...
Who voted for them?😠
Who keeps voting in people who hate us?
Anyway....
People are way more important than politics.
If everything is fake...please give me a life
where I speak to the farmers who raise and produce my food.
Where I can spend a day down by the river with my grandson,
where life has not been corrupted or polluted by $$$$.
I am tired as all heck of the divide and the insults
thrown at people who want nothing more than transparency & decency.
There are some who are so above it all, who live in this protected
vacuum that wish everyone else would just agree with them and
let them lord over us all.
They can absorb it all the financial the restrictions
....and still stand righteously above us all
dictating to us about fairness.
UGH.
Nothing is uglier than a self righteous woman....
a self righteous Mrs. Kravitz I suppose.
I often wonder what my mom would think of these times.... where her
unconditional kindness would be in this sea of ugliness.
But finding that in her things yesterday was kind of a clue.
I must say mom, I agree.
People above politics .
100%
I can pray about it.
*************
Now I get my butter at the dairy but I had to pick up extra
for baking this weekend and saw what people are paying.
WOW!
I can do that, and I just may.
I can also use raw moo for it as well.
This winter I will be trying my hand at( again ) at homemade pasta and sourdough.
It has to be GF so I have yet to find a recipe that is not awful.
I am determined to!
I welcome any that you all may have.
As we move closer to Autumn I am reminded again how
blessed I am to live where I can experience the freedom of
just being away from the noise and craziness.
It wants to creep closer...
But I will be doing all that I can to keep it away from Stone Hollow.
The animals need us to advocate for them.
I took this photo of our corn field up the road but had no idea this sweet
baby was even there until I looked over the images later.
They are all around us....
The least I can do is protect them as best as I can.
May you all have a wonderful Thursday!
I am off to the farms to sell eggs
( everyone gets a free bag of cherry tomatoes this week with their eggs!)
and chat with my friends.
Sending you all love & blessings.
xoxo
raven
🐦⬛











No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}