![]() |
| This was me yesterday...for 5 hours. UGH. |
I had a post that I was all about...
it was going to be intense and amazing and thought provoking.
However this day turned into not the day I had hoped for (calm)...
It started out with me trying to pick up my CSA and head off to my friends farm
to u-tubing how to open a have a heart trap.
Full story.......
This was originally the Mr.'s idea to move the predator that offed half my flock in May.
We were loaned the trap.
Our desire was to place it ( the critter) on our property on the other side of the river.
Today I thought that we did get it , but the Mr. was long gone to work.
As it was moving around the cage, I could see its shiny black back
the same view I had when it was scaling the fence after the attack.
I am thinking it has to go...
but can't be let out because it will eat my legs....
what to do?
I called the Mr.
He was of course in the middle of a conversation and could not
be bothered....did I get peeved?
Yes.
I called over & over....seeing the sunshine on this critter and knowing
it will be getting hot. I ran inside to get service and watched 5 videos on how to open this
thing. Got a blanket to put over the cage so it would be out of the sun...
ran out and through the gates.....
Only to see...
A Cat.
A Cat.
Poor, poor baby!
( for those who do not know I adore cats so so much but
can't have one because of allergies)
My heart was breaking....
He ( the cat) was really mad at me.
Rightfully so.
I apologised over & over, told him I loved him as I
spent 10 minutes trying to pop that door open.
Finally I did, he b-lined it out of there so fast!
The Mr. finally called back and I told him....no more trapping.
Like ever!
I am done with this.
I will try and implement all the safe measures I can
but no way will I allow this to ever happen again.
Now, I know this cat, have seen him around here for years.
My nearest neighbors are a bit away but I do think he is part of
a feral colony that live up the river.
Colony? not sure if that is the term but they are all barn cats.
Yeah.... I was surprised, sad, mad and cried again ...2 days in a row now.
( yesterday was about spending 5 hours on the phone trying to adult)
****
I did however get our food for the week, and for that I am so grateful.
Filled our fridge for the week....this is the best time of the year for
produce. But the corn may be on its way out.
As will the peaches, plums and good ( heirloom) tomatoes.
I am looking forward to a few huge tomato sandwiches with those.
The moo is to add to my protein shakes....the vanilla flavour has stevia in it
and I do not like the way it burns my tongue in the after taste, so I add a bit.
Threw some hamburger and bacon in the freezer....
The creamery made apple fig sorbet & pumpkin skyr....
All the good things!
It never escapes me that I can eat the way I wish...fresh, supporting local farms,
whole foods that support our health.
I am truly grateful.
Every morning in prayer I usually get a quote that sticks in my head for
the rest of the day.
Today I was scrambling to get out the door with no time for
reading.....however I stopped in the ballroom and looked up
at the tent ( for the grands) and the flag I placed on there
that I installed for my grandson to see every morning he wakes up here.
That was my reminder that no matter what, this day
is what I make of it.
Even when your husband catches your dream cat ....
🐈
Life is what you make it, you have the power friends.
Now I will go onto making the rest of this day .
Blessings my friends.
Today's original post will be left for another day.
XOXO
Raven
🐦⬛


No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}