Good Monday Morning.
I am up early getting all the chores done so I can finish my
letter to the commission for tonights meeting.
I can not attend as I have to be up at 4am tomorrow
to travel so I have to make sure that it is cogent and understandable.
Yesterday I spent hours going over 500 pages of
reports submitted just last week.
Good thing that the weather was dreary & I had a sinus
headache from the storm going through.
Today is a new day.
The sun will eventually be out so I can start my bi-annual cleaning
of the dock and of my sheepskins.
The dock just gets some hot water and a broom scrub.
This time of the year the ducks and geese are getting ready to fly
south...so as they come and go they use the dock less & less.
I can finally not disturb them and get a good clean in.
All summer this is their private cabana.
Your life is your routine.
Sounds so boring, but it is true.
The routines you follow which requires discipline is who you really are
in this moment. I spent the summer looking for healthier ways to refine my life.
For most of my adult life I was taught that the instruction and guidance
given to me by my parents to grow into a well adjusted ( as we used to call it) adult
was insignificant. That it mattered what I wanted, how I felt and that even & especially now,
if it comes at the expense of another well..... that is just too bad.
That is not how my parents raised me nor how most folks my age were raised.
being told to pull yourself up by your boot straps would be considered
abusive now a days. But it created the people who are still working & hiking & active well
after their 70's when a large percentage of the generations younger look for ways to
avoid work, avoid inconvenience and avoid anything that makes them feel
uncomfortable.
The youngest generations are not that way.
I have found them to be done with the victim mentality and want something
better for themselves and their families. That gives me so much hope.
Routine.
Every day diligence.
Loyalty.
Pride in what you accomplish.
Not bad ways to elevate your life.
Just start.
Surround yourself with people who are doing the same.
Follow accounts that fuel your passion.
If you have one day where you fall off....get back on the proverbial horse .
Try again.
Don't quit.
Whether it is a new way to address health, or a new job, or a new life
choice.
Stick with it and you will see results.
You will come away feeling so much more confident.
Your life is the routine you create from the choices that you make.
I love the list above.
I hope that you do too.
This space is an encouraging space.
I will tell you when you are tired to rest.
But then get up.
You got this...
XOXO
Raven





No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}