Saturday.
Foggy, misty morning.
~57*
I can hear the geese honking and flying up the river,
a reminder of what is to come as they prepare to migrate.
It is bitter sweet.
They will continue to do these practice runs for weeks until they
fly south or decide to stay. Lucy's family always stays but it is nature and you never know.
My heart says it is the start of Autumn....
However, there is still so much of Summer left!
The tomatoes ( I have so many!), corn, peaches....
Every night we have tomatoes and corn.
Just like every night we sit by the back pond and listen to the frogs.
We squeeze every moment out of our days.
Honestly, this summer has been the sweetest most relaxing one I can remember.
I find a calmness I have not experienced since forever.
Perhaps because I have turned my attention to what matters,
away from what I was being force fed.
Or it may just be a natural progression of age.
Did you know that you can say no. That you can limit access, that
you can choose Not to?
Not in a negative way but in a way.
No.
And not feeling guilty or shame or stressed afterwards...
The summer is healing.
My goal was to be more like Klaus....
Unbothered.
No matter what.
( Isn't he adorable?)
For me, it is always the in-betweens....
The seasons between the seasons.
These weeks of Summer hanging on but whispers of Autumn arriving .
There is a weird excitement about it.
I will be focused on country fairs, shopping for a new vehicle, canning produce,
washing quilts and putting them on the line, digging potatoes, mornings in movement,
strengthening, building a minimal wardrobe that works ,
planning fall activities, and a whole lot of sunbathing, chicken tending
and hanging with my guys.
One foot in Summer the other in Fall.
When I found this note online and it was as if I had written it to myself.
This was the season for me to acknowledge that pattern recognition in
my life has kept me sane. And I am not the only one .
That the world IS magical...every gift from nature is just perfect.
That God is holding it all together and I no longer have to.
I no longer have to.
When I become overwhelmed, I give it up.
I return to my peace.
Just like that.
Found this tip online from Gubba Homestead and you know what?
It works like a charm!
I do not wash the fruit before putting it in there, you want it as dry as possible.
Interesting!
I heard that 6 weeks from Golden Rod bloom is the first frost.
Mine bloomed this week.
I will be out in the warm sunshine for the foreseeable future.
I do wish to ask for a small favour before I go...
Do you all remember when I asked for 50 cards for my vikings 50th birthday?
( how many are still here?)
That was such a super memory that he still talks about.
Well this year he will be 65!
{ such a blessing}
And I would like nothing more than for him to go to the mailbox
during his birthday week and see a few cards mixed in with the bills.
My goal is 65, that may be a tall order but I will shoot for that.
If you wish to send him a card just message me for my address.
Or email me from the side box👉form.
Goal is the week of September 13th- 19th.
His birthday is the 19th.
Thanks friends.
💖
XOXO
Have a great weekend.
Raven
🐦⬛













No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}