Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Protect your Peace and a bunch of stuff.....life as it is now.

 





I had wanted August to be such a growing moment for this blog.

I had a plan and a design and momentum ....

The design is pretty .

The plan was there.

As you can see...

But the momentum is not.

Quite honestly I have been just living in my days.

Drying elderberries and mullein for winter cold season, picking dozens

of tomatoes, hanging with the flocks as I maintain my gardens...

I have been searching for peace all of my life, well, most of it.

The constant chaos even with a foundation of faith destroyed my

nervous system to the point of when we moved and finally found peace

I was disturbed by it. Despite our harrowing first year, it is a place

of peace in a world that is disturbing and unhinged.




Dried mullein ( like a sachet of sage) is burned when respiratory issues are happening.

Elderberries are dried and crushed into hot tea for immune support.


The fact that this place provides us with food and natural healing plants

is another reason to love it.

When I plug back into what people consider *life* it is getting harder

and harder to understand why I ever chose to live any other way.

In fact, there is an old book where it states just that.

Power of the mind is just not telling yourself things, it is also what

you choose to feed it. That you look at, listen to, involve yourself in...



The constant reiterating over and over of a thought becomes almost like a spell or chant

that your brain hears. You become what you feed it.

I am quite sure I want nothing to do with that.

So I am mindful of anything that makes my intuition feel *off*.

I am mostly distrustful of many thing because we are in a time

fitting of it. I watched for decades as folks well meaning or not

jumped on bandwagons and once on pointed fingers at the ones

not wanting anything to do with it, thus causing grief and strife.

I seek simplicity.







I would rather be in the gardens or doing a house project.


I would rather be chatting about healing and happiness.


I would rather be doing anything other than watching the news.

The news: a place where terrible people report about other terrible people

and ignore the rest of the good folks who really matter.









So I am here.

Spending my days being productive in the very best ways.

Loving the people who love me.

Tending the animals who give me peace of mind.

Praying all day and singing about it.

Watching the storms come and go....


The blog will sort itself out.

Right now I have been shown in so many ways what is truth.

I just have to live it now.

Oh & I get to plan.

Like I am planning next years gardens already.

I am making Autumn curtains.

I am planning get togethers with people who I have not seen

in a long time.

Today I am trying a new banana bread recipe.

I use olive oil instead of *salad oil*

 



I have been planning a whole section of the Fall blog with wholesome

nostalgic recipes.

You know, hearty and simple.

****************

You know,

What you allow will continue.

How people treat you is up to you.

Everything is a choice.

When did we get to this point where we have to please

an entire group of *friends* to allow ourselves to be happy?



This is why my memes will never be internet famous...typos. ;)




We were never meant to be miserable every day, to shoulder the stresses we put on ourselves 

to remain in the status quo. In the *olden days* we had messy houses, we screamed, we had

no idea what we were doing. The world was quieter, no one cared what you had for supper,

your business was just that. There were no score cards to fill in about who was the better

parent or if your clothing was cooler than anyone else's .

We just loved and respected our parents and wore what we were given.

AND trusted that they knew what was best.

That left us able to be, I dunno.... kids.

Teachers were just additional people in our lives who gave us wings to learn

and we gave them Jean Nate every Christmas.

We had no idea what their personal lives were about.

We made hand turkeys and stuck them on the windows of the school

and picked yours out as you rode up on the bus.

Analog.

Analog is the word of this summer.

Return to it as much as you can.

( I have been subconsciously leaving my phone all over the property)

I sleep much better.


I mean even if you were a non-believer.... judging by the past week alone,
is it wrong?

Now I do not think we are in the last days.

I believe the Grace of God will pass over us.

BUT over the past few years the speed at which wicked

happenings are occurring has not escaped my pattern finding mind.

I see it , dressed up as so many trendy political, medical, social things...

It is gross.

However it is not mine to bear.

The stress is not mine to carry.


I have stopped the stress by stopping the noise, the static as I called it here before.

I do what I can do, when I can and how best I see doing it.

And I sleep much better.




but hey I could also use some help with the hair thing too. 

Amen.


Have a blessed day friends.

xoxo

Raven

🐦‍⬛

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshed. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio